Orange Gearle

family, friends, politics, music and technology... that's what it's all about

Sunday, November 18, 2007

everything is temporary

This week I was reminded several times that everything is temporary. This isn't exactly a comforting thought for someone like me. Someone that is uncomfortable with change, especially that within my personal life. So yesterday while I was listening to All Things Considered, I was thankful for this quote at the end of the last story.


“There's no vocabulary For love within a family, love that's lived in But not looked at, love within the light of which All else is seen, the love within which All other love finds speech. This love is silent.” - T. S. Eliot


I have no idea what this quote means to you, or T.S. Eliot. But for me it explains why I am able to love, and will be able to love again.

It's funny...love and loss seem to go hand in hand sometimes...for me anyway. And when I lost an important person in 2006...every loss since then has forced me to relive that one, this week's events were no exception. I'm thankful that, no matter our political discourse, I have a family that I can depend on.

I did learn that I'm never dating an artist again. They are just so much more interesting than the others, though. I think I probably need to find an English teacher that appreciates politics and art. Maybe that will work.

That was kinda a girly post wasn't it?? Usually I'm more of a gearle than a girl...but this week the loss was overwhelming...again.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know when you'll be checking this, but today is the 29th and I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and your dad and hoping for the very best.
Kathy

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home