Orange Gearle

family, friends, politics, music and technology... that's what it's all about

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

kidney update

I received word this morning that I have been approved to donate my kidney to my father. Read on if you’d like a few more details.

Since Dad isn’t feeling the best, it is possible that he may do some dialysis prior to surgery (beginning in October, probably). This will clean out the toxins, etc. Then we will have pre-op appointments one day in November, and the surgery Nov. 29. (this means I will only miss about 13-14 days with kids). During the pre-op appointments, my dad will need to have some of the same evaluations done that he did last winter/spring — just to make sure that surgery is still safe for him. They will not go through with the surgery if it isn’t safe for us both.

I am very excited!! This is such good news. When I saw that spectacular moon this morning, I knew it was going to be a good day.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
I am part of a negative blood group here online at yahoo and we would love to have you join us for discussion about what is going on with you. It is great that you are donating to your dad, you are a special person. So both of you are O-Negative? I am also. Check out the group and join if you like. Or you could stay in touch with me, I would love to hear what is happening in your life and how you are doing. I am www.myspace.com/reneeisonegative and the yahoo group is:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/rhnegativeblood/

All the best to you my friend, may God be with you and your dad. You are in my prayers. Renee'

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home