Orange Gearle

family, friends, politics, music and technology... that's what it's all about

Monday, September 10, 2007

fall, football and freedom


This picture was taken the day Hollyanne moved in to her dorm room. Also pictured: her roommate and her roommate's boyfriend. We made a trip to the store to get a few items, only to find it difficult to fit the three of them, my mother, all the stuff we bought, and me into the little corolla. YIKES!

She seems to be adjusting to the college life quite appropriately. I miss her, but I am also enjoying my freedom (and the fact that when I do the dishes, dirty ones don't just "appear" out of no where in a matter of minutes). I thought I would hate living alone (I've never done that before, it's always been the two of us). But I actually enjoy it. However, I do miss her and I am thankful for communication via cell phone and especially email.

Hollyanne seems to be enjoying her freedom as well. She's even gone on a couple of road trips already!! Friday night she went with a friend to pick up another in Minnesota!! Geesh, I'm glad I didn't know until they were almost home!!!! She did see the bridge in the cities. Amazing, she said.

UNI beat ISU this past weekend. Very nice. Hawks won too.

My dad and I watched a few football games together on Sunday. We haven't done that together for a long time. It felt great. Today is a bit rainy....but it feels like fall and I love fall. Fall, football and freedom.....what more could you ask for? A little greased lightnin' perhaps?


Happy birthday Seth!!!!! Remember when you and I would dance to Grease?????? You had way more hair then. :-) Love ya!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home