Orange Gearle

family, friends, politics, music and technology... that's what it's all about

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

technology

No, I didn't get an iPhone. :-) I'll wait till the bugs are out and the price is down.

As many of you know, my 20G iPod died last October (R.I.P.). Since then I have been trying to figure out a way to purchase a new one and not feel completely guilty about spending my money on something that I don't actually NEED (although just before I bought that iPod, I was told that everyone needs an iPod). I mean, I am sending a child off to college in a couple of months!

Speaking of college.....

Hollyanne had orientation June 19-20. Yes, there were tears (from me). Yes there was a bit of panic (from me - when I attended all the financial aide informational meetings). Yes there was excitement (from both of us).

Coming out of orientation, we realized, Hollyanne really should have a computer to take with her to college. It's not that they don't have any....but her own would be best. So......

I bought a new MacBook for her (she contributed $500 graduation money). With any Apple computer purchase right now, comes a free iPod Nano or $199 toward any new iPod. So being wicked smart I decided to bite the bullet and purchase an 80G iPod (with video, of course).


(free engraving when you purchase online)

So far, I have only purchased one game to play...Ms. Pac-Man of course. And I am going to purchase No Direction Home to watch. I need to clear some space on my iMac first, though. I'm not gonna lie to ya....Ms. Pac-Man is fun, addictive, and very 1980.

After much contemplation, I decided that it would be much better for me to refrain from jogging with the new iPod (since that's how I broke the first one). So.....that meant I had to go to Target (instant gratification required) and purchase this little number...

only 1.07 inch tall, 0.98 inch wide, and 0.33 inch deep

It's pretty cool. I've jogged with it a few times now. Maybe it will help me get back into the swing of jogging???? It only holds about 240 songs (well, really, it's a little less than that, I think)...but that's enough for jogging I suppose. These little iPod shuffles come with their own little dock. It's hilariously cute. New toys are fun. So fun that they are also catching. Helen went out and bought a green one the day after I bought my Lil' Orange Gearle.

Side note - unrelated to iPods - it's kinda fun to type a word in the search window of iTunes and see what comes up. For example, I have 14 songs with the word "waiting" in them.

Here's one of them.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yippee for new iPods and MacBooks! Of course when I left Prairie I had to immediately go buy a MacBook for myself. love, love. And I got a shuffle for Christmas - it is amazing what technology they can fit into such a small package!

I'm also waiting for the bugs to be worked out and the price to go down - but then, oh yes, it will be mine. ;)

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home