Orange Gearle

family, friends, politics, music and technology... that's what it's all about

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

This morning as I walked out my door the sunrise was spectacular. It was a deep red-orange concentrated at the horizon, and then as the colors spread further into the sky the red gradually released to an almost pure orange.

I went to the handi-mart for my usual 32 oz. diet dr. pepper fountain pop. When I walked out of the handi-mart (I think it's actually casey's now) I was facing west. By this time the entire sky was lit up in color. But it wasn't the sky that caught my attention, it was the buildings. Still facing west I noticed that the buildings were glowing with the colors of the sky. They looked like the exact salmon color that is so prevalent in Florida. It reminded me of the good times I had there nearly two years ago.

As I drove to school, the concentrated color at the horizon was gone, but the sky was still beautiful.

Today is Gillian Welch's 40th birthday. I really like her. Here's a pic of her and Dave Rawlings. I saw them back in August in Des Moines. It was a great show. Dave in particular made me smile.


I'm a sucker for those "duos". Truckstop Honeymoon is going to be at this venue this weekend.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home