Orange Gearle

family, friends, politics, music and technology... that's what it's all about

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

glorious

Tonight after work I went to a coffee house called The Blue Strawberry. My daughter(s) were away for the evening and I didn't feel like going home. School was not appealing to me, although I had some reading to do, online news to catch up on, and emails that needed to be composed. The Blue Strawberry has free wireless, is sort of on the way home, and makes decent grub, so I decided to give it a try. It was as expected, a bit sterile, but ok. Light jazz background music (eh), love seats, sofas, and soft chairs to sit on, and great smelling coffee. I don't drink coffee, but I enjoy the smell.

I read a bit, worked a bit, emailed a bit, and by 7:00 I was ready to leave. As I walked around the corner to find my way toward the door this is what I saw:



Despite the buildings, telephone wires, and pollution, it was a beautiful sight. As I traveled the ten short minutes home, the sun disappeared below the horizon completely, and it was gone. The picture doesn't do it justice...the pink and salmon colors reminded me of the Florida sunsets that I enjoyed this past December.

Glorious.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

Beautiful pic!!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home