Orange Gearle

family, friends, politics, music and technology... that's what it's all about

Sunday, June 25, 2006

del mccoury band



Amazing. Simply amazing. I almost didn't go because I was so tired...but I'm glad I did. It was very enjoyable. I ended up staying in town and closing the bars. I learned of a new (to me) beverage called Lambic Framboise Beer. It tastes a lot like the Bonny Doon Framboise wine that I drink sometimes, but it's actually a beer, or so I'm told. I have no idea how it could be a beer. It tastes NOTHING like beer. But my two new 'friends' Shawn and Ron tell me that it's beer. :-)

Seriously, though all I can say about the Del McCoury Band is they are amazing. Everyone that gets a chance to see them, should see them, no exceptions. Spectacular musicians. The microphones were cool. None of their instruments had any sort of pick-ups so they moved, fluently and flawlessly around the stage so they had access to the mics as needed. (I know that's "normal", but it's still cool. Plus it worked so well, they may have had hidden mics...to trick us. LOL) They are truly exceptional performers and communicators, with each other, as well as with the audience. I wish I could remember each and every song they played and give you a play list, but anyone that knows me knows that there would be NO WAY I would be able to remember all that. A couple in particular that I do remember were Love is a Long Road and Don't Let Your Sweet Love Die. After getting started, they took a lot of requests from the audience and did their best to do them all.

I got there pretty late, so there were NO seats. So I sat on the dance floor. I could stand no longer, and no one was on the dance floor, so I sat on it. Then several others joined me. What can I say, I'm a trendsetter. Heh. Enjoy the pics:

The Del McCoury Band astounds me.

Ronnie McCoury, my favorite, on mandoline. Now, it could be that I like him best because I desperately want to learn to play the mandoline.

The Del McCoury band plays "When I'm 64" in honor of Paul McCartney's 64th birthday.

Just Del.

Del and Me. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home