Orange Gearle

family, friends, politics, music and technology... that's what it's all about

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

it's a panther!

While I was on my lunch break today, I checked my Orange Gearle e-mail account. This is the email I received from my daughter:


UNI Admissions wrote: Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:03:29 -0600
From: UNI Admissions
Subject: CONGRATS- YOU'RE IN!


Congratulations on your admission to UNI!

Next Steps:
- read our freshmen blogs for real student stories about life at UNI
http://www.uni.edu/pubrel/myuni/
- log into MyUNIverse https://access.uni.edu/cgi-bin/portal/portHandler.cgi
with your ID (included on your acceptance letter) to access:
+ housing
+ financial aid
+ orientation registration (available end of March)
+ job board
+ and more

You're one step closer to becoming a Panther! We'll see you on campus soon.

Go Panthers!
Your UNI Enrollment Services team
University of Northern Iowa



Woo Hoo!!!

You know we just had to celebrate. First I bought new t-shirts - UNI - pink (cuz that's her favorite color). I gave her the t-shirt when I picked her up from her boyfriend's. The three of us went to Carlos O'Kelly's. On the way Justin says, "What would it spell if you used EACH of the initials in Carlos O'Kelly's?" (COK) How funny is that?

I'm proud of her. I didn't doubt that she would get in, but I think she doubted it. For the last three weeks or so, she has practically run to the mailbox to check and see if her letter came. Yesterday, MLK Day, no mail. I thought she might have a heart attack! :-)

Let's see....my guitar is fixed, Barak Obama is probably running for president, my students were hilarious today, my lesson on using mental images to enhance reading comprehension went well, I found my belt, my dad is this much closer to a new kidney, my daughter got in to college....if it were just warmer, this might be a perfect day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

Did baby gearle fret just a widdle bit? Congrats!! Okay, what is up with this boyfriend thing? When did you turn 25? LOL, did I sound like an idiot?

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home