Orange Gearle

family, friends, politics, music and technology... that's what it's all about

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

thoughts...the best kind (random)


I love it when: I jog and during the third mile (I usually jog three) I cannot remember if it's the second or third mile. Tonight was not one of those nights, however. :-) I haven't been jogging regularly, and the last couple of nights have been only restless sleep. That, and not eating properly made for a difficult time on the path today. I felt old and tired. Every step seemed like one step closer to 40. I need new shoes and most of all, I need to eat and sleep better. But the music of the evening made up for it all. Often I jog with either a set playlist, or I set it on all Bob, Steve, or Zoot. The last couple of jogs I set the iPod on random tunage. I heard great stuff. It's the only reason I actually made it through the three miles. That's really sad considering just last spring, when I was running to stay alive, I ran 5 or 7 miles regularly (on not the best sleep or food, as a matter of fact). Anyway, tonight was Bill Morrissey, The Clash (which almost never comes up), John and Yoko, Woody Guthrie, Robert Johnson, The Jayhawks, Young Fresh Fellows, Freedy Johnston (I must say, from the first to last chord, Remember Me sounded great tonight), True to Life (Uncle Tupelo) was FANTASTIC, Marvin Gaye, Cab Calloway, The Beatles...and on the ride home, The Holmes Brothers (that's where it's at, perdy baby) and Bo Carter. NONE of the regulars, but all fabulous. I definitely need new shoes though.


Next is a picture of my favorite meal -- the meal I ate this evening (post jog). Red wine would've been better...but apparently it's back to giving me headaches. I haven't had this glorious meal all summer (you can probably guess why). Anyway, bread with pesto, fresh tomatoes (thanks mom), cucumbers, fresh mozzarella, fresh herbs, (salt, too, of course) topped with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Man it's good. The fresh herbs make it....I'm pissed that for very stupid reasons I haven't been able to bring myself to "cook" this meal. I'm taking left overs with me to school tomorrow (minus the wine, of course)


My daughter had her first class at the community college today. Wow. How old am I? She is going to love this one, I can tell. It's a humanities class. One of the first things she told me after she got in the car: She wants to set me up with her teacher. Heh. Very funny. Apparently he's single (or at least w/o a ring), dark hair, has an art degree, and doesn't own a cell phone -- all apparent criteria for my men. Heh. That's just funny. If he plays the guitar, I'm screwed. It seems the only men I am attracted to, however, are unavailable in some way...emotionally or with a significant other. It's a running joke around here. Seriously, though: I told her that 1)I'm not ready. 2)Even if I was, I couldn't date him while she was in his class. He's probably gay anyway. :-) Too bad they don't have parent teacher conferences in college. Heh. I crack myself up.


I'm extremely grateful that not everyone can write like this, otherwise I'm sure I wouldn't appreciate him/it as much. Damn. Make sure you check the link...and subsequent links. :-)




Ok, finally, check out this drawing by one of my kids. That's me on the right. In my building, we have amplification systems in every classroom. I wear a microphone -- very Madonna (notice I didn't say Brittney). Check out the earrings, too. Actually, it's very accurate; true to what I was wearing the first day of school.

My kids are great, btw. After just four days, I've figured out which ones are going to keep me awake at night. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It does look just like you! hee hee - send that artist my way!

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home