Orange Gearle

family, friends, politics, music and technology... that's what it's all about

Saturday, July 01, 2006

music

I'm sitting on my deck, after a long eventful day, enjoying the evening. Although some might say I'm "living like it's Sunday on a Saturday night." I'm really just hoping it doesn't rain on my iBook and trying to figure out how I'm going to run in the 8K on Tuesday with this HUGE blister on my toe from the parade today. I just purchased (finally) Neil Young's latest CD Living With War. It's enjoyable. It's got me thinking. I'm not sure why, but I continue to be amazed at how important music is. It's everything. It's silly. It's moving. It's poetry. It's sad. There's music about love, lost and found. There's music about protest. There's music about hope. There's music that is Just. Plain. Fun. And it's all important. Music can help people unite for a cause or unite for life. It can bring back memories instantly. Maybe it's just me but I find music salubrious. It's cleansing. It's utterly staggering to me how powerful it is.

During the writing of this very short diary, I'll have you know that I was forced to go inside due to sprinkles and thunder. When I was certain the threat of rain was over for the time being, my computer and I ventured back outside. I immediately locked myself out of my house, but on my deck. Did you know that my deck has no steps?? So I was forced to call upon the part of me that some refer to as Sonic the Hedgehog, and climb down the outside of the deck to the ground (did I mention that my shoes were inside?). Thankfully, I had not locked the front door! Please tell me that this is not an indication of how the second half of 2006 (which starts today, BTW) is going to play out....more of the same loveliness?? :-) Ask me tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home