Orange Gearle

family, friends, politics, music and technology... that's what it's all about

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

diddya vote?

I just returned from casting my vote in the primary election. As I walked in the door of the elementary school that serves as a polling place on this day, I noticed the multiple, brightly colored signs on the door and down the hall. I did as the signs asked and turned off my cell phone and didn't discuss politics in the polling place. However, when I opened my flip phone to turn it off, I smiled. Written on my screen were the words, "Impeach Bush Now". I look at my phone everyday, therefore I don't always notice the banner...however, this day I did.

How sad that there were only two of us (at that time) to vote?

Something new: Call me paranoid, but it bothered me just a bit. Before I got my ballot I had to print my name (first and last), print my address, phone number and party affiliation on a separate sheet of paper. Hmm....if it wasn't for the Bush Administration, I wouldn't have thought a thing of it....but....I know, I know, it's not that they don't have that info already...and you always have to sign in that you are voting...but still....

Regardless, voting makes me feel good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home